Lake Red Rock Literature
Lake Red Rock, Iowa’s largest lake, is a recreational paradise located about 41 miles southeast of Des Moines. Created by impounding the Des Moines River, this reservoir offers a wealth of outdoor activities within its 15,000 acres of water and 35,000 acres of surrounding land.
Books about Lake Red Rock
Activities and Attractions:
- Boating: Explore the expansive lake by motorboat, kayak, canoe, or sailboat while taking in the picturesque scenery.
- Fishing: The lake teems with a variety of fish including crappie, bass, catfish, and walleye, making it a popular destination for anglers.
- Hiking and Biking: Enjoy the scenic 13-mile paved trail circling the lake for hiking or biking.
- Wildlife Viewing: Watch for deer, bald eagles, white pelicans, and a variety of waterfowl inhabiting the surrounding area.
- Camping: Choose from several established campgrounds along the lakeshore or seek a more primitive experience in the surrounding wildlife areas.
- Red Rock Visitor Center: Learn about the history and ecosystem of the lake at the informative visitor center.
- Lake Red Rock Homepage: www.lakefun.com
- Red Rock Area Tourism | Invent Your Adventure | Iowa: https://www.redrockarea.com/
Overall, Lake Red Rock provides endless opportunities for recreation, relaxation, and appreciation of Iowa’s natural beauty.