Hocking Hill Reservoir Literature
Hocking Hills Reservoir, also known as Rose Lake, is located in Hocking Hills State Park, Ohio. It’s a popular destination for scenic views, fishing, and exploration within the park’s diverse landscapes.
Books about Hocking Hills Reservoir
Here’s a summary of what Hocking Hills Reservoir/Rose Lake offers:
Location: Hocking Hills State Park, Hocking County, Ohio
Size and Accessibility:
- Approximately 17 acres in surface area.
- Accessible via a 0.5-mile hiking trail from State Route 374.
- Not directly accessible by car, but a shortcut trail may be found through a primitive campground bordering the lake.
Activities and Attractions:
- Fishing: The lake is stocked with trout each spring, making it a popular spot for anglers with a valid Ohio fishing license.
- Boating: Small, non-motorized boats like canoes and paddleboats are allowed on the lake, offering a peaceful way to explore its waters.
- Scenic Views: The lake’s calm waters and surrounding cliffs provide a picturesque backdrop for relaxation and enjoying nature’s beauty.
- Hiking: The Upper Gorge Trail, a 5.5-mile loop trail, passes near the lake, offering an opportunity to combine hiking with visiting the reservoir.
- Old Man’s Cave: A popular rock formation with a scenic gorge accessible via a short trail.
- Cedar Falls: A cascading waterfall accessible by a short hike from the Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls.
Overall, Hocking Hills Reservoir/Rose Lake adds to the natural beauty and recreational opportunities offered by Hocking Hills State Park. While not as large as some other bodies of water, it provides a unique and serene experience for visitors.