Big Bear Literature
Big Bear Lake is a beautiful alpine lake located in the San Bernardino Mountains of Southern California, roughly 120 miles east of Los Angeles.
It’s a popular year-round destination offering diverse activities and stunning scenery, making it a great escape for both relaxation and adventure.
Activities in Big Bear Lake:
- Winter Activities: During the winter months, Big Bear Lake transforms into a winter wonderland, attracting skiers and snowboarders to its two renowned resorts, Snow Summit and Bear Mountain. Other winter activities include snow tubing, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing.
- Summer Activities: As the snow melts, Big Bear Lake becomes a hub for water activities in the summer months. Visitors can enjoy boating, fishing, kayaking, paddleboarding, and swimming in the lake. Hiking and biking trails offer opportunities to explore the scenic surroundings, while golf courses provide a challenge for enthusiasts.
- Year-Round Activities: Other activities available throughout the year include scenic gondola rides, ziplining, rock climbing, stargazing, and visiting local shops and restaurants.
Things to Consider:
- Seasons: Big Bear Lake experiences all four seasons, so be sure to pack accordingly for the time of year you visit.
- Elevation: The lake sits at an elevation of over 6,700 feet, so be prepared for cooler temperatures and possible altitude sickness, especially if you’re not used to it.
- Accommodations: Big Bear Lake offers a variety of accommodation options, from cabins and vacation rentals to hotels and resorts.
Overall, Big Bear Lake is a versatile destination offering something for everyone. Whether you’re seeking a winter ski getaway, a summer escape filled with water activities, or a year-round mountain retreat, Big Bear Lake has something to offer.