Beech Lake Literature
Beech Lake is a reservoir located in Henderson County, Tennessee, just 1.4 miles south of the city of Lexington.
It’s part of a six-lake system managed by the Beech River Watershed Development Authority (BRWDA), encompassing over 3,000 acres of surface area and 100 miles of shoreline.
Beech Lake, along with the other lakes in the system, offers various recreational opportunities for visitors, including:
- Boating: The lake is suitable for various types of boats, from kayaks and canoes to pontoons and ski boats.
- Fishing: The lake is home to a variety of fish species, making it a popular spot for anglers.
- Swimming: Designated swimming areas are available for those looking to cool off on a hot day.
- Camping: Campgrounds are located near the lake, offering amenities like restrooms, showers, and picnic tables.
- Picnicking: Several picnic areas around the lake provide scenic spots for enjoying a meal outdoors.
- Hiking and Biking: Trails wind through the surrounding areas, offering opportunities for exploring the natural beauty of the region.
The lake is also a popular destination for birdwatching, with various bird species calling the area home.
Beech Lake is a great option for a day trip or a weekend getaway for those seeking outdoor recreation and relaxation in West Tennessee.