Welcome to the top 10 Lake Fun Music Countdown. Grab your earbuds or bluetooth speaker and get ready to jam out to Lake Fun’s greatest Lake hits. This music will have you rubbing on SPF 50 sunscreen in the middle of your living room.
10. Weight of Sound. Stick Figure. A favorite to blast on your boat speakers while you carve the water on your skis, tube, or wake board. The chillest of summer beats make this a Lake Fun Favorite.
9. Buy Me a Boat. Chris Janson. We all know we could all use a new boat to hit the water this summer. This is an anthem that includes everything you need for a great day on the lake. A truck, a Yeti, silver bullets, and a boat…. That spells Lake Fun to me.
8. Sun is Shining. Bob Marley. Play this tune and try not to relax. I don’t care if your kid jumped off the boat while it was moving, it is impossible to feel stressed out while the chill sounds of Bob Marley are playing during a feel day of Lake Fun on the water. Put this on your favorite Lake music sound track.
7. Here I Am. UB40. A very summertime island beat. I like to crank this up when I pull into the lake cove at wake speed to announce my arrival to the on the lake get together on Memorial Day, Fourth of July, or Labor Day weekend. All you need now is a pack of hot dogs and some buns.
6. Drive. Alan Jackson. It doesn’t matter whether you grew up on Lake Tahoe, Lake Powell, Douglas Lake, Lake Martin, or Weiss Lake. Everyone had that special someone who taught them to drive a boat. “Take the wheel, son” as you cruised down a lake channel into the sunset. This song brings it all back in 3 minutes of a Lake Fun classic.
5. Back in the Pines. Dangermuffin. Probably the best band you have never heard of and a true Lake Fun favorite. Our favorite place on most lakes at Lake Fun is a spot that is in a shady cove surrounded by a bunch of tall swaying pine trees moving in the lake breeze off the water.
4. Island in the Sun. Weezer. The best place to park your boat for an afternoon of chilling and a full vacation weekend of Lake Fun? Well of course, an Island in the Sun. Weezer is a great lake band that will lead to hours of relaxing tunes as you cruise the lake.
3. Amber. 311. Sometimes when you get the paddleboard out and go for a cruise after work the sun hits the water as it sets and creates that perfect shade of red, or amber. This is a great tune for just that time of day. Just remember red sky at night sailor’s delight. Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.
2. What’s in a Bottle. Dangermuffin. What’s in a bottle on the lake? a message? a beer? a genie? Who really knows what your bottle contains, but this slow jam from the Dangermuffin band is one of my lake day favorites and me and my friends relax while fishing, floating, or cruising down the lake on the pontoon.
1. Lake of Fire. Nirvana. Never has a more true lake song been written than this jam by Nirvana. A slow chill beat that speaks to all kinds of souls as they enjoy their day on the water. So jam out to the Lake Fun Top 10 music hits, and we will “see you again, at the Fourth of July”.